Lodha NCP REFUGE AREA gives no access for FIREFIGHTERS -- Fire risks due to FAULTY GROUND LAYOUT of Lodha New Cuffe Parade & flouting of Mandatory Open Spaces norms

 There is total violation of mandatory open spaces norms at Lodha NCP project, which is a crucial part of fire safety norms. The critical importance of mandatory open spaces were highlighted by the Supreme Court a couple of years ago, causing a lot of heartburn in the builder's community.

The ground / podium-level of Lodha New Cuffe Parade project is structurally so messed up that there is literally no access to any fire brigade vehicles.

So, in case of a fire in any of the towers, there is a very high likelihood that the people gathered at a refuge floor like this one, on the 27th floor of Dioro, may find themselves hopelessly stranded without any scope of rescue. The question that arises repeatedly here is: On what basis did MMRDA certify that these towers were fit for occupation? The babus of MMRDA need to be held accountable. Hopefully, that will happen before a fire or any other emergency causes actual loss of human life! One would hate to be in the position of bitterly saying, "I told you so. You were warned. And you did nothing. See where this has landed us now." What I am saying here is in the teeth of a legal notice that has been served to me by Lodha group. They have threatened to sue me for all I am worth. But I am saying this because I know what I am talking about here. I know that Lodha NCP is a disaster waiting to happen. We informally brought in a former Chief Fire Officer here, and he has reviewed the project, and found that none of the fire safety measures are in working order. The whole thing is an eyewash. Lodha wants me to delete all my articles and videos on Lodha NCP, abjectly apologize and fall silent on all these issues of public safety, which can cost huge loss of lives and property. And here I am, saying to all the honchos at Lodha group, "Sorry chief, that is not happening. Go ahead, sue me. This is a battle that is way bigger than you and me. It will not be just fought in closed courtrooms of the judiciary. This battle will be fought in full view of the public. I promise you this." ISSUED IN PUBLIC INTEREST BY Krishnaraj Rao 9821588114 and 8169471229 krish.kkphoto@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did Akash Ambani, son of Mukesh Ambani, kill two persons in car crash

Short story: The faithful wife

India's "Anaadi" Courts -- where all your fundamental rights disappear