Poem: Kanhai brushed past me... Now I thirst

Kanhai brushed past me on the narrow pathway of life.
No, dear friend, his lithe body pressed against mine but for a moment…
‘Twas his mind that stung my mind, my senses, my being
And now I neither sleep at night nor eat nor work in the day.

How shall I go on living, O my mother! How shall I live?
With this constant ache, this pain, how can I live?
My body burns, my mind yearns for his presence…

Take away my fair limbs, make me dark-skinned, then!
Finding my beauteous Lord in the darkness,
Limbs intertwined with his, water-like I shall melt into the night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did Akash Ambani, son of Mukesh Ambani, kill two persons in car crash

Short story: The faithful wife

India's "Anaadi" Courts -- where all your fundamental rights disappear