Happy Republic Day 2017! Proud to be part of this flawed but functioning democracy!

India, 26th January, 2017: I am proud and privileged to live in India. I love and embrace this crazy, chaotic nation of ours, and I cherish all its people and systems. I treasure the freedoms that we enjoy, and I don't take it for granted.

Our freedom fighters have suffered and died so that we could govern ourselves, and yes, we are governing ourselves in our own crazy, chaotic way. It's a fact that I am proud of. It's a privilege that I hold very dear.

Yes, I criticize India's people, systems, traditions etc., but nothing takes away from my love for my beautiful India and all the 1.3 billion people who make it what it is -- a flawed but functioning democracy.

If I were to be born again, I would want to be born here. Again and again and again. And when I die, I will be proud and privileged to be part of its dust and its people.

I love India and all Indians unconditionally. Absolutely. Without reserve. Warts and all.

Jai Hind. Jai Jawan. Jai Kisan. Jai Janta Janardhan.

Happy Republic Day 2017.
----------
Krish

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did Akash Ambani, son of Mukesh Ambani, kill two persons in car crash

Short story: The faithful wife

India's "Anaadi" Courts -- where all your fundamental rights disappear